Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Bunnies – Take 2

Shhhh – let’s bring down the noise level a little folks! We got BUNNIES in the house!!! I’m not sure that Albus and Hagrid, the two newest members of the Rodriguez household, appreciated the apocalyptic adventure “2010” in surround sound as they were moving in to their new digs. It’s a good thing that they are boys and that their arrival was balanced by mom’s (over-the-top I’m sure) nurturing.


Okay, can you say Cute with a Capital C? Hagrid is black with four white paws and a smattering of white hairs here and there. Albus is pure white with ruby eyes and he looks like a long-eared angel when he sits up and grooms his chest. Hagrid is more assertive, coming up to me first for everything, with Albus a minute or so behind but right in tow.

I fell in love with the pair a few weeks ago at a Rabbit Haven adoption show.

Simba (Siamese) and Tiger (Abyssinian), his partner in crime, have gotten an eyeful of their new bunny brothers but they’ll have to wait a bit for a more formal introduction – just peeks is what they’ll have to be satisfied with for the time being. Simba has already jumped on top of the sheet that covers the bunny pen and is securely clothes-pinned down. I guess he thought it was a floral trampoline.

Buddy (gray Tabby), well, he could care less about his new siblings. He just hopes they plan to share their food!

Albus and Hagrid were fostered with a family who had dogs and cats, and they don’t seem to be concerned that they are currently on display for the rest of the four-leggers in the house. Henry (Dalmatian) is quite fascinated with them. He got a little whiff and most assuredly wants a bigger and better sniff! Thunder (Border collie and resident senior citizen), having always been a “food first” kinda girl, is of the same mindset as Buddy.


I’m not going to lie – I don’t mind the expectation of a tad less noise in the house. There is far too much dang noise in the world. Peace is a good thing. It helps me get to my center where I can leave the world’s busyness behind me, and I know that I am one with all the creatures who share this world.

Bunny-cat and bunny-dog introductions will begin very soon. If you have a story to tell about a similar introduction, I’d love to hear it!

PS: Don’t tell my husband, but I’m delighted to have two more mouths to feed – vegetarians no less! Salad is one of the few things that even I can prepare!

No comments:

Post a Comment