Thursday, July 15, 2010

Together for Animals

Have you ever seen a poster of a missing pet and felt sad, maybe wished you could do something to help? Or read a news article about a tragedy involving animals and got mad? Have you ever heard the statistics of homeless pets euthanized each year and felt an instant pit in middle of your stomach?

What's your calling?

I can answer yes to all of the above questions, and then some, and I bet you can too. We're not alone - there are individuals and organizations doing something about each of them (and then some). Individuals? Yes! One person can make a difference - you can make a difference.

Meet Kelly, the official mascot of Together for Animals:


On June 30, 2010, I was sitting in the waiting room of a doctor's office looking at my mobile Facebook newsfeed. I was reading yet another post about a perfectly-adoptable dog in an overcrowded shelter that was about to become a statistic. The dog was Kelly. Something came over me, divinely motivated I'm certain, and I sent a message to the girl who posted Kelly's picture and story. I suggested that we start a Facebook page just for these "death row" animals that need immediate and mass attention. That night I went home and created Together for Animals. In just over two weeks, more than 600 people have joined the page, some of whom are sharing our posts, and guess what? Animals are being SAVED!

Unfortunately, Kelly didn't make it out. I can't help wondering...what if we had created the page one day earlier?

Follow your heart - Be the Change - for Animals!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I'm a new follower, please follow me back. For every follower that joins I will be releasing a Unicorn back into the wilds of the New Jersey boardwalk. So please do your part by joining and saving these special creatures. Thanks
    Thanks, Mr. Monkey

    http://laughingmonkeystick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete